Submitting your App
To submit your app to the App Center, first visit engage.reconinstruments.com and sign in. (If you don’t have an Engage account, please create one first.) In the top menu, go to “DEVICES > APP CENTER.” Then, in the App Center, click the “DEVELOPER” tab.
Once you click “SUBMIT AN APP,” the following form will appear:
Fill out the form with the information and imagery relevant to your app. Be aware of the following:
- All fields are mandatory.
- Under Device Type, you must select which Recon devices your app supports.
- The Support Email is the address through which users will contact you. The Contact Email is for communications between you and Recon.
- You may use Recon’s end-user license agreement (EULA) or provide your own.
- You must provide at least one screenshot of your app.
- Your app description should clearly explain what your app does. If appropriate, you should also include usage directions.
Once you’ve submitted your app, we’ll review it to make sure it meets our criteria for inclusion in the App Center.
We check submitted apps to ensure that they provide a good experience to users. Issues that may cause us to reject an app include:
- Crashes and instability.
- Excessive power consumption when the app is in the background.
- Unnecessary permission requests (e.g. if a simple compass app requests access to the camera).
- User-interface flaws serious enough to impair usability (e.g. yellow text on a white background, overly busy layouts with unreadable font sizes, etc).
The length of the approval process will vary depending on the complexity of your app, the current submission backlog, and other factors. In all cases, we’ll do our best to approve your app as promptly as possible.